18% returns for UOB

On 18 Jan 2017, sold 400 UOB shares at $20.71 each.

This transaction net me a profit of $1311+ 

This translates to 18.87% returns over a holding period of 11 months.

Fundamentally, there is nothing wrong with UOB however if I chose to hold this stock , I will be getting 4% yield annually based on entry price @ $17.33 /$0.70 dividend.

Not too bad but still not good enough as I want money to work harder for me.

Compared to risk free Feb Singapore Saving Bonds yield at 2.44% , the risks I have to stomach for an extra returns of 1.56% does not justify to hold UOB longer.

The transaction will also reinforce cash reserves for purchase of a growth stock which I have been eyeing for a very long time & I believe it is time to scoop up this great potential stock which is
greatly undervalued by the Market.

I will share my purchase of this growth stock at my next post.






Comments